Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Snow and Ice Necklace

OK, so I am watching TV in my chair 3 nights ago and I fall asleep. I wake up at about 11:30 P.M. and decide to go in and actually go to bed in my bed. I am tired and I feel as if I am ready to just collapse into a deep sleep. I lay down and close my eyes and who should appear?... The Fighter! Man, I wish that I could control the monster inside my head!
I began to think of ways to do a wire wrapped necklace with one of the druzy agates I have acquired in my travels picking up lovely items to create with. I was consumed with ideas of swirls of wire and the agate hanging like a pendulum from the bottom of the design.
I lay awake until about 3:00 A.M., but I had my idea! It was clear to me and I had to really concentrate so that I did not give in to the Fighter and go to the work table and begin creating at that very moment.
I lay awake trying to clear my head and think of NOTHING! Have you ever tried to do this? It is quite difficult. As I try to think of NOTHING, SOMETHING always takes the place of NOTHING! In my case, that SOMETHING is usually what I am trying to forget about while I try so hard to think of NOTHING. The necklace was consuming every aspect of my senses.
I finally staved off the urge to create and fell asleep. I woke up before I actually had to the next morning and guess what, there was the image of the necklace bright and shining in my minds eye. I got up and got ready for work early (5:30 A.M.).
I went to work and worked all day. I did not draw out the necklace because I believe that part of me wants to RULE the Fighter and show it that I am the one in charge. I would decide when I was going to do this design that was nagging at every nerve ending. I would choose...I would decide! I was able to stave off the Fighter for a total of 2 days~and then I gave in.
Last night I decided to bring the design in my head to fruition. The agate in the idea in my head was one of the black agates, but I asked my Cache Man to pick the one that would make up the focal piece of my necklace. He picked one of the blue ones instead. I will show the Fighter~one way or another!
I chose to go with what Cache had decided, instead of giving in to the Fighter and working with the black one, I picked up the blue one. The design elements would be the same, so I knew I could pull it off. I sat down and began to bend the wire. I knew where I wanted the wire to go and I knew what I wanted the piece to look like. It did exactly what I wanted it to do. Do you want to see what the Fighter possessed me to create?
Well here it is...
This picture was taken without flash.
This is what it looks like with flash...
This piece has been dubbed Snow and Ice. I chose the name because of the colors and the crystals in the agate. The ice blue crystal accents helped with the idea behind the name as well. I coiled the neck wires, as this has become something that I really love to do. Needless to say, the Fighter has proved right once again.
I never tire of the fascination of how I can create these items with just my two hands and a few tools. To see something so vivid in my mind and work it out into wire and beads or stones simply amazes me. I can't draw drawings that I see, I can't create animals or plants I see out of elements such as clay. So why is it I  can create what I see exactly as I see it as long as it is with wire and beads, rocks and crystals? This simply baffles me. I see other things just as clearly, such as an elephant or bird, but when I go to create these things out of clay or draw them, it simply turns out crappy! I guess I was just intended to do things with wire and beads, rocks and crystals...to make pieces of jewelry instead of fascinating drawings or clay masterpieces. I am just glad that God gave me this gift and that the Fighter just keeps egging me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment