Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Little Celtic Necklace

It worked! The idea in my head came out in wire and stones. I, once again, was able to take the idea out of my head and fashion it into a lovely piece of handcrafted art. Would you like to see it?
Here it is...
 Once again, I am quite pleased with the way the design came out. It worked out the way that I saw it and I think it turned out very pretty. What do you think?
I used sterling silver and made the base swirls and curls, I then wrapped the stone and added it to the base. I absolutely LOVE antiqued sterling silver. I love the way it looks and the fact that it is NOT shiny. It appeals to me in many ways.
After I finished the pendant, I decided to make the cord. I chose a brown hemp, as I thought that this would do a nice job complementing the stone. I wrapped sterling silver around the cord where I wanted the sterling silver beads to stop. I am happy!
I call this particular necklace A Little Celtic Necklace. I called it this to have a little play on words. It is a smaller pendent, therefore the word little came to mind. It also holds a hint of Celtic design therefore, I could use Little Celtic Necklace with two meanings. The green in the stone reminds me of the colors of Scotland as well, so you can take the name to mean whatever you want it to in terms of the design. This was my intention, and I think that I succeeded.
My mind is at peace for now. In fact, I worked on marketing more tonight than anything else. The Fighter may just be ready to give me a break...? I really don't plan on counting on this, because it tends to show up when I least expect it. (I really hope to be able to sleep tonight!)
It is finally Friday tomorrow, my favorite day of the week. I have plans to take pictures of jewelry all weekend with some natural light and get some more things posted in my Etsy shop. I am not really pleased with the pictures of the rings I have posted in my shop now, so I really want to work on fine tuning my pictures so that I can make my shop stand out. I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment