Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Amethyst Lace Agate Necklace

After creating the Snow and Ice Necklace the other night, I decided that I was not finished with swirling wire for the evening. I wanted to keep going, I wanted to do more. I just couldn't throw in the towel yet. I needed to do at least one more necklace to feed the appetite.
I chose a stone that I purchased from Here. I like to use cabs and stones from other artists that are trying to make a living doing what I do, creating trinkets from their passion. Laura is a person that has a passion to create lovely cabochons. I love to buy from her because she truly is a passionate person and she really cares about her customers as well as the items she creates. I purchased a lovely piece of Amethyst Lace Agate from her and I had to do something with it.
Keeping with the rolling, scrolling wire designs that I have come to love, I made the base form. I then took the Amethyst Lace Agate and wrapped it. I combined the two~ the wire base and the wrapped stone~ and I created this...
I love the markings in the stone. Laura does amazing work doesn't she? You can tell that she has a passion for the stones she creates. They are absolutely beautiful!
So, here is the second necklace created on the same night as Snow and Ice. I just can't stop with the swirls and curls.
I have another idea that appeared to me today as I was getting ready for work. I can't wait to design it! I will use a couple of different techniques that I have learned and I hope it turns out as well as the idea in my head. If you are an artist, are you consumed at every moment with ideas and plagued with a Fighter such as I am? I often wonder what other creators have as a driving force in them. Maybe I will have to do an interview with one someday to find out. That would make for an interesting blog post, wouldn't you say?
I hope to begin working on the new design idea tonight. It is hard at times not to just go home at lunch time and begin a project. I know if I did that though, I would be late coming back to work, if I made it back at all. No, it is better to restrain myself and the Fighter and work on these things in the evenings after I get home.
I know what I will be doing tonight, and thinking about every second until I get started. Stay tuned and see if I can create what I so vividly see in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment