Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Fighter

The Fighter is challenging me to try to come up with things that are my own...no patterns...no looking at something else and trying to make something similar...just creating some pieces that are totally my own. These are some of the things the Fighter and I have come up with so far...





I love each and every one of these pieces but I have found that I would probably do better with fine silver, the .999 silver. It is easier to create swirls and coils with, but have you seen the price of silver lately? OMG!!! I almost fell off of my chair yesterday when I actually went online to try and purchase some. I am very hopeful that my shows go well these next few months so that I may purchase some and really try to create something remarkable with it. The Fighter would love for that to happen too.
I think that I may try for Artist of the Month with Wiresculpture.com. I am really trying to put out some quality pieces to enter into the contest. It is a challenge that I have been contemplating for a while now. Me and the Fighter. I may try to enter a contest with Fire Mountain Gems as well. I always have a challenge when the Fighter is present.
I am sure you are asking yourselves who the Fighter is by now so I will tell you. I have this inner voice, dubbed the Fighter, that just will not let up. Every time I turn around I can hear the Fighter taunting me, "Come on...You can do THAT! You can do ANYTHING you want to do. Get up...get motivated...create something captivating...that people want to look at and try on and fall in love with...you know you can do it...just give it a try...come on!!!!" This is what I wake up with in the morning, this is what I listen to during the daylight hours, and this is what I go to bed with at night. This little voice~the Fighter~egging me on to be better, to do something that will make my mark in the world. It is like a shadow following me around everywhere I go. The only difference is...I can HEAR the Fighter! It never leaves me~it is always there...nagging!
It is trying at times to go to bed and have my mind not shut down and have the Fighter taunting me endlessly. I have gotten up so many times in the middle of the night to satiate the Fighter. My stomach will be in knots, the Fighter will be on active overload making it impossible to sleep. The Fighter is there whispering things to me, taunting me, and I can't turn it off. It is a constant voice...always present...always challenging me. When I finally can't take it anymore, I get up, go out to the kitchen~ that has become my studio~ and sit down. I pick up the wire, cut a piece off and start to create something. So many times I will not know what I am creating, or why I am doing it when I should be sleeping, but pretty soon the Fighter makes it clear to me that I have become motivated enough to create something in my hands that looks good...that is presentable...that is captivating...that people want to look at and try on and fall in love with...and I can finally put the Fighter down for the night and the Fighter will finally sleep...for a little while.
This is my life. This is my life everyday. This insatiable voice~the Fighter~controlling me, taunting me, never letting up, always there challenging me to keep creating and keep doing what I love the most in this world. The Fighter is an integral part of me, the part that has always been able to make me do better, to help me see things clearly and to strive to become the person I am supposed to be. I guess that, deep down, I really don't want the Fighter to stop nagging. For then, I would not be the person I am today~the person that keeps trying to improve and become that which I want to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment