Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Necklace Created from 5:00 A.M. Inspiration

I told you all that my husband woke me up at 5:00 A.M. the other morning and that once I was awake, the Fighter would not leave me alone. Well, I want to tell you about what was created because of the fact that the Fighter antagonizes me.
I lay awake from 5:00 until I actually HAD to get up at 6:00 to get ready for work. The entire time I was awake, I had this image in my head and I could not stop thinking about ways in which to make this image come to fruition. I went to work and thought about the necklace the entire time I was there. Thank gosh my boss was gone, he would have been astounded by my disconnection to what I was actually supposed to be concentrating upon. Anyway, I was consumed by these thoughts of this necklace so I got out the paper and began to sketch it out.
I am not a good artist when it comes to drawing. My art lies in the designs I create with wire and stones and fortunately, I can usually make what I see in my mind turn out with wire and stones despite the fact that I cannot draw my thoughts on paper worth beans. I proceeded to draw my sketch anyway because I know how important it is to get my ideas down on paper because ideas don't remain long in the creative mind before another inspiration moves in to take its place. I drew it out and this is what it looked like on paper...
Now remember that I told you that I cannot draw, so try not to laugh too heartily.
Once I had the drawing, I knew that I had captured the image pretty well. When I finally got to leave my job and go home for the day, I had to sit down right away and grab the wire. I found a couple of Aventurine stones, as this was the stone that I had in my mind, and I knew that I would have the correct sizes that I needed. Now I had the stones and the wire and I needed to get to work.
I took the idea out of my head and transformed it to the wire and stones. This is the necklace that was created once I could work on it...
 It is almost exactly what I had pictured. I had to change the stone at the bottom, as this stone fit the wire frame a tad bit better.
I was quite pleased to see the finished product. My minds eye and the Fighter have yet to fail me. What do you think? My only dilemma now is to antique or not to antique. I love the look of the antique copper, but I know how hard it will be to get the steel wool in the places that I need to get the black off and the copper to come through. Next thing I need to do is invent a tool to do just that. Any ideas?
So, here it is from my mind all the way to finished product. Yes, as I have said before, I am pretty proud of the results. I do indeed thank the fact that the Fighter is relentless!

No comments:

Post a Comment