Friday, October 7, 2011

Some of my Favorite Things...

Today's post is all about some of my favorite things. Have you found Etsy yet? The place where you can go and find anything and everything you ever dreamed of homemade? The place where you can be transported into a world of fantasy and wonder? Where you can look at things that touch your heart and your inner being bringing out your true self? Well, that is how I feel whenever I go to the Etsy website. I feel as if I have found my true being. There are so many things that I am absolutely in love with on Etsy. Like this shop that offers the most beautiful lampwork beads I think I have ever seen...
www.RonsickOriginals.etsy.com
Or this shop that offers a faery chandelier made from twigs and flowers and crystals and everything else a little girl could wish for for her faery-tale bedroom...
www.queendecor.etsy.com
Or this shop that offers the most amazing notecards and tags for the Victorian soul in your life...
www.oakhollowprimitives.etsy.com
Or this shop that has the most beautiful bound paper journals covered in lovely leather...
www.GILDBookbinders.etsy.com
Oh yes, these are just a few of my favorite things.
Etsy is so innovative that if you go in and make an account, you can actually take a taste test and they will spotlight shops that they feel you would like. They have been right every time when I do this. You can even take the test over and over again and new things will come up. It is very impressive, and very addictive.
When you purchase something from ETSY, you can speak to the CREATOR of the item. The actual PERSON that made it. This I find to be one of the most appealing things to me about ETSY. Where else can you go and talk to the person that made the item you are purchasing? Who can better tell you about the item you are purchasing than the person that made it? You will get AMAZING customer service because most Etsians are there to sell their items and get you to come back to their shop to purchase again in the future. They CARE about the transaction and want you to be HAPPY with your purchase. Don't take my word for it, go and find out for yourself. 
If you have not done so yet, I think you should go to www.ETSY.com and sign up for an account and take the taste test. I think you may just find something that you will fall in love with and possibly cannot live without. If you can, purchase the item and then rate your purchase so that the person that created it will know how you feel and whether or not they can improve, or if they are doing a good job with their shop. Think of this...every time that you purchase something from ETSY, you are fulfilling someone else's dream to sell their passion. How cool is that? You get something that you will probably treasure, or that you will give to someone else to treasure, and you also helped someone to reinforce their belief that they can make things that people want to buy. This to me is the AMERICAN DREAM!
Come on...what are you waiting for? GO, GO, GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment