Friday, January 20, 2012

The Celtic Wire Wrapped Necklace

I have this streak that runs through me...maybe because my Grandmother was Irish, but I LOVE anything Celtic! I love the music, the clothing, the accent, pretty much everything about it. If you will notice, I have a lot of Celtic music geared up on my playlist when you come here to read my blog posts. When I hear the music, I get this feeling that transports me to another time and I feel so 'at home'. I guess that is why some of this Celtic design gets transferred into my jewelry.
I made a new necklace a couple of nights ago. When I look at it, I see rolling grassy hills and mist blanketing the dark sky. I can almost hear bagpipes playing in the background. Loreena McKennitt sings to me from the shadows. Would you like to see what inspires me to think such thoughts? This is it, in all it's glory...




The copper wire swirling around the green glass makes for a true Irish feel. The weaved wire gives it even more of that Celtic look. I love this piece. It took about 2 hours to create and when it was done, I felt satisfied.
I always get such a feeling of accomplishment when I create something new. Jewelry creation completes me, heart, body and soul...
I want you to experience what I FEEL when I create a piece like this, so I give you today's Daily Wire Transfer. Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. The color goes so well with the copper wire! Another beautiful piece Janet!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete