Wednesday, June 22, 2011

No Stones Yet...


Well, I thought I might have some new stones to play with tonight but no such luck. I really want to see if my design idea is going to work. Have you ever tried to do something and have it turn out COMPLETELY different that what you have pictured in your mind? I really hate that. I see things in my head and when I go to create them, it turns out TOTALLY different than what I saw in my head and usually it does not look good at all. I can honestly say that doesn't happen to me with my wire creations very often. That is one of the reasons I LOVE to do wire work. I am a terrible artist when it comes to drawing or painting. I can totally see in my head what I want my drawings or paintings to look like, but when I put paint brush or pencil to paper, they NEVER turn out the way that I see them. Wire, on the other hand, turns out like I see it and I am so thankful for that. 
I have this creative side of me that never turns off. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I JUST HAVE to make what I can see in my head. If I could not channel that into something pretty or cool, I think that I would literally go crazy! I have to be able to create because it is so much a part of me. I do feel as if jewelry design is a form of art. Usually the designs are created in the mind of the creator and then that creator puts forth the effort to make those designs come alive. It is just as much an art form as photography or painting or woodcarving or anything else. This I know because every ounce of what I create comes from my heart and soul. I am just as proud of my work as the pencil artist that sketches the Victorian Lady in all of her grandeur, or the photographer that waits for the perfect light before snapping that shot, or the wood carver that looks for the perfect piece of wood to whittle away at until the  miraculous piece that he sees with his minds eye is revealed. Art work~yes definitely artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment