Thursday, June 23, 2011

I got my new stones today, but first...

I did  get my stones today, but I felt that I should probably practice the design that I have floating around in my head before I actually put it to use on one of my OOAK stones. If you do not know what OOAK is~please read my last post.
I got some really pretty cabochons from here http://www.etsy.com/shop/cabbingrough. They are Malechite Azurite and I had to try the Liver of Sulfur technique before I actually did it for reals. All I can say is WOW! This pendant and chain turned out so nice! It is so renaissance looking, just the look that I was after. Do you want to see it? OK, OK, here you go...

Well, what do you think? Now I am really anxious to use the other stones and get just a tad more creative. I still have my idea and I really want to put it to use, especially now that I know I can accomplish this! This stone is so pretty though. I definitely will be going back for more. Just look at those colors!
I am really tired, so I think I will be turning in for the evening. Be sure to check back soon to see the pendant I will be working with. I am not sure if I will be showing the finished product until after  the contest though. I am a bit superstitious and I would hate to jinks myself.
I would really love to know what you think of this design. I don't honestly know if I will ever be able to do anything with shiny copper again. I LOVE the look the Liver of Sulfur gives, so I may just stick with it for a while, we will have to see.
I hope that you all sleep well tonight and that your day is bright and sunny tomorrow. May you all be blessed. Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment