Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blog Re-Design

OK...The re-designing of the blog is finished. What do you think? I LIKE it A LOT! Now I feel as if I can start posting about the jewelry and have that be my main focus. I am excited about blogging once more.
I am entering another contest with a new design. I haven't designed it yet, as I am waiting to receive my cabochons and wire from www.wire-sculpture.com. The contest is to design something using a OOAK {ONE OF A KIND} stone from Wire Sculpture. I have chosen a couple different stones so that I have a little bit of time to change my mind~if I want to. I think that I will use copper wire in my design and make it look old and tarnished. I love the look and I think that it will really look good with any of the stones I have chosen for my design. I really can't wait to get started, so I hope that my stones show up soon.
I am starting to do a little bit of the wire weaving and this is the direction I am leaning toward for my design. I have an idea and I am hopeful that I can pull it off. It is really beautiful...in my head. I just hope that it turns out when I try to put it into an actual design. I guess we will see. I will post pictures as soon as I get it finished. I really want it to be a head turner, so it may take me a while to get it done. In the meantime, here are some pictures of some of the things I have been working on in my absence from blogging...

This is a necklace that I entered into a contest. I didn't win, but I am still pretty proud of it. It has some beautiful stones incorporated into it.
This necklace took me 7 hours to put together. It is 5 ft. long and I wire wrapped each section individually. I also hand beaded the C bead sections. This necklace is GORGEOUS!! I designed it so that the wearer can wear it long, or wrap a few wraps as a choker and let a long section hang down, or wrap it evenly around one's neck. It is very versatile and very Victorian~very much my style.







 And these are a few of my big chunky Wings, Fleur De Lis, Crosses, and Stars necklaces. I LOVE doing these. They are very fun and I love the BIG of them. FUN, FUN, FUN!
I am doing some things with crystals and cubic zirconium too. I will post some pictures of those pieces later. This is what I have for now, so I hope you enjoy looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment