Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rejection Letter #2


The bad news is...
This is rejection letter #2. It is the typical form letter, and it leaves me disappointed once again. But, I will push on and I will find the next publisher on my list and I will submit my manuscript once more. I may just get a letter back saying, "We are delighted with your writing and we would enjoy reading the entire manuscript!" or, "We found the first three chapters of your manuscript a delight to read and we would like to see more. Please submit your entire manuscript so that we may whet our appetites by reading the whole story!" (I know, that is really dreaming on my part, but it could happen, right? This is where you are supposed to say, "Yes Janet, it will happen, you will see!" Did you say it? I need all of the positive reinforcement I can get right now.)
I know that writing is what I was meant to do. I know that to give up would be cutting myself short. I know that seeing my book on the shelf of my local bookstore is what I want. I know that I cannot give up so easily. So, I will grab my Writer's Market and I will begin to comb carefully through the pages until I find the next publisher that I will send my manuscript to. I have my paper with the 'no's' and the one 'yes'. I will be marking off another 'no' and pushing forward for that one 'yes'. I know it is out there, it is out there and it is waiting for me to find it. I am not going to stop looking, I just need to look in a different place. Wish me luck once more!
I will be re-writing my query letter and my synopsis. I plan to write a KILLER query this time, I have a new strategy that I learned from this book...
and I will be putting it to the test. I have also subscribed to the Children's Book Insider and I have become a fightin' bookworm. I am learning new things and I am going to put these things to good use. I am going to write a query letter that will beg to be read. I will polish up my synopsis and make it so that the editors will have to see more. This is my plan and I intend to follow through. One thing about it, I am definitely NOT a quitter!I cannot quit, I have told you all that this is what I am going to do. How can I tell you that and then walk away? How can I tell you all that and not put forth my best effort? How can I tell you all that and not keep trying until I have no one else to submit to? I would be nothing short of totally humiliated to not push on and move forward. I can't let you down, and more than that, I can't let me down either. Stay tuned, I will be posting my new submission details as soon as I get it figured out. Once again, keep your fingers crossed and wish me lots of luck!

1 comment:

  1. Got them crossed!! Wishing you the very best! Always.

    ReplyDelete