Monday, May 10, 2010

Agent or Publisher? That is the Question...

I have found the publisher of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, which is a book that is similar to my own. I would love to submit to them but alas, they do not accept unsolicited manuscripts. Now my dilemma, do I try to find an agent instead of a publisher? Maybe I should be looking for an agent versus trying to get my book published without one. I do have this book...
and maybe I need to really start studying it and utilizing this avenue instead of going straight to the publishers. I have been thinking about it and reading this book again. It is pretty much the same thing to get an agent as it is to get a publisher; query letter, synopsis, and first three chapters of the manuscript. Once again, the query letter needs to be stellar. I may just look into this further and submit to an agent instead of a publisher this time.
I have been busy these last few weeks and I have not been working on getting the book out again as hard as I probably should be. I have so many things going at once, and time is something I find elusive and not very easy to get my hands on. I fully intend to dedicate some time this week into getting some more research done and getting another, much better query letter written. This is my goal for this week. I hope to find the juices flowing and the creativity in my mind ruling my hand. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment